Happy New Year Everyone!
I can’t believe it is already 2019! This post is going to be a little different. It’s the start of a new year and I want to take the time to let you all get to know me a little better as well as tell you what my new years resolutions I have for this blog. I hope you all enjoy learning a little more about me and the plans I have for this page!
Starting My Blog:
When I started this blog in September, I wasn’t sure if anyone would be interested in what I have to share and say. Turns out people are! This makes my heart so happy. I never thought of myself as a blogger, but now I can’t imagine not having “Fashionably Kait” in my life.
And to be honest, this was all kind of my husbands idea. Not in a rude way, but he told me to get a hobby basically. He knew I was feeling worn down from being the “go to” person in our families; and feeling like I had no time for myself and was just running around doing things for everyone else. He rides dirtbikes and races motocross that is his thing. He wanted me to find something that would be as enjoyable to me as that is for him. I turned my love for shopping into a hobby though this Instagram and Blog!
When I started my Instagram this September I made a goal for myself to have 1,000 followers by New Years. There were plenty of times it felt like I was “on track” and other times I said, “well, I don’t think that is happening”. The latter came especially around Thanksgiving when it seemed like the Instagram Algorithm changed, again. Everyone seemed to share they were at a stand still losing engagement and the word “shadowbanning” was everywhere. Which means our accounts were not showing up under hashtags used etc. Well, I am very proud to tell you as of right now I have 1,047 followers. This last week I feel like I ate, breathed and lived Instagram; trying to figure out this new algorithm and let myself organically grow. I have not done a sponsored post or paid for a post at all during my Instagram time (doesn’t mean I never will) I did participate in one giveaway and would like to be a part of more this year!
Now, you might be thinking wow great you made it to your goal, and I did but I never want to put myself through that again. This space both my blog and Instagram are supposed to be a place for me to come and use them as a creative outlet. A way to share great finds, fashion inspiration, lifestyle, travel and wine information. Not a place to stress myself over.
My Blogging Goals For 2019:
– I will never put a number limit on myself as a way of gauging my success again. It is always great to dream for big milestones, like when I reach 5,000 and 10,000 followers, but I will not put a time frame on this. It will happen when it happens!
– I will commit to posting the highest quality pictures and information for my subscribers and casual viewers. I use an iPhone 8 right now which has been working great, but recently purchased a DSLR camera (Canon Rebel T6) and am excited to start incorporating it.
– I will also commit to a better schedule for regular posts. I feel as though right now I am kind of all over the place with posting days and times and would like to make it more fluid for not only myself, but my readers as well!
– I am also making it a resolution to just have fun with my blog. Like I said earlier, this is a creative space for me to use and share with my followers. I don’t want to make it into a requirement that I don’t enjoy, I want to remember to just have fun and not put too much pressure on myself.
-Lastly, If there is anything you would like to see from me, just let me know!
Get To Know Me:
I feel like it is important to know about the people and blogs you follow, it helps you to really feel a connection as a blogger as well with your followers.
– I have been married for 2 years, but have been with my husband for 14 years! We are High School Sweethearts.
– My husband is a licensed electrician and extremely handy, we bought a house that needed basically an 90% gut and re did the entire thing ourselves – he and my dad did all of the major work, but I swear I helped a lot! And it was a really fun project, I am very proud of us for it.
– I am an avid Green Bay Packers fan!
– I have a Masters Degree in Mental Health Counseling.
– I currently work in the construction field, my father started his own business in the early 90’s and my brother and I have hopes to take it over one day.
– I have an adorable rescue Pitbull mix Freddy I bring to work with me.
– I have lived at the Jersey Shore my entire life – I couldn’t imagine not being close to the ocean, I also LOVE to go fishing! Our wedding venue overlooked the river where my parents keep their boat.
-When I was in college I worked for J.Crew and absolutely loved it, I even had people schedule personal shopping and styling appointments with me!
– I am a HUGE Disney fan, my parents are amazing and bought into the Disney Vacation Club and it makes it so wonderful for us to be able to go to Disney often.
– I love traveling and have been to a lot of islands and Caribbean/Mexico beachy places. I have been to every state on the East Coast from Maine to Florida – minus Vermont! I plan to start traveling to Europe very soon.
– I also really love wine! Not just drinking it, but learning about it and the different grape varietals, regions and complexity of it all. It really intrigues me! My husband and I both love wine so much we had a wine themed wedding.
I hope you enjoyed not only getting to know me a little better, but also about my future plans for this blog. As I mentioned before, if you have any suggestions or anything you would like to see from me, please let me know in the comments.
Wishing you all a very happy and healthy New Year!
Lets all make 2019 our BEST yet!